Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stevie B's and Super Bad

Yesterday, I got kind of crazy and decided I needed a Buford fix. I wanted to go to some of the stores that are at the Mall of Georgia. I had nothing in particular in mind, but for me, a little retail therapy is always the doctor's order.

Alayna was at a friend's house, so Suz just had her boys. We thought we'd go to Stevie B's for a pizza pig out. Which we did. I had pizza of every kind. I must say, though, I didn't try the macaroni and cheese pizza, but Eli did and thought it was very good.

Anyway, we THOUGHT that we'd have lunch and then the boys would want to go back home and we could resume our therapy at the mall. But alas, it was not to be. Eli had set in his mind that he needed a new toy from the Cars movie. He had seen it at Target the night before and he was looking for ways to earn the money to buy it. You'd think he was one of my kids because of the way he gets fixated on something. He just wasn't going to stop until he went to the Target. He had already earned one dollar by cleaning Suz's bathroom mirror with a Wet One. I think it streaked the mirror, but she paid him anyway. What a good mama. Then along came me and I just "loaned" him the rest of the money that he needed to buy it. We went to two Targets, a Walmart and Goodwill before we determined that retail therapy with a six-year-old and a twelve-year-old boy isn't as therapeutic as it should be. So we went home.

It wasn't long before it was time for the boys' football practice. I haven't seen football practice in a few years, so I was definitely excited. These are Eli's cleats.


Super Bad! And honey, let me tell you. He is Super Bad. I think he's going to be a superstar! He absolutely loves it and has an endless supply of energy. After practice, he wanted to run around the track. Can you see the blue dot on his cleat? Well, that's slushee. Someone was getting rich by selling a cup full of slushee for $3.

Reid also had practice at the same field, so I got to watch both of them practice. I enjoyed it very much. I wish they lived closer because I'd go more often. I used to love to watch Cam's football practice. I hardly ever missed one.
So it was a great day. I love those boys and I think they love me too. They always beg me to stay and I always hate to leave.

Today is a big day for me. Today I take Cam to have his formal senior portraits made. I have butterflies and a big lump in my throat just to type that. I CANNOT believe that he is about to be in his last year of high school. Where have the years gone? I'll take my Kleenex because I know it will be emotional for me.
Till next time.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh those fellas are the cutest and I am happy those were Eli's cleats and not yours:) I KNOW that they love you and wish you were closer too!

I got chills when you said Cam's senior picture! The twins and Cam, dang they have sure grown up fast!

Love you my precious niece! We are having lunch on Friday for Foo Foo's Birthday if you are free! Big hugs and tons of blessings!

Joyce said...

I love it when you post. It is the first one I go to! I love reading about your times with Suzanne and family and how your baby has grown up!. And I love how you have Karla and I under a heading "I started with these two". That is so awesome! You have a wonderful week, dear!!!! xoxo

Cindy Lou said...

I am glad that you had a good time with Suz and the boys!! I know they enjoy having you as much as you enjoy being there with them!! I am so dreading the senior picture day for me!! I know I will be crying! Enjoy your day...love you bunches!

suzanne said...

I can hardly believe senior pictures!!! Just doesn't seem right. Oh, well, time keeps on trucking.
I am so glad you made the trip yesterday; it was awesome, if a little harried and stresssful.
Love you!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Awww, don' tcry Kelly PLEASE you'll get me crying :/

I have to agree with you retail therapy with children is not therapeutic at all!! You and Suz will just have to pick anohter day & get your shopping on!! Have a great night, can't wait to see Cam's pictures!