Monday, March 15, 2010

One Crazy Week

This week is going to be crazy. Crazy in a good way, though. First of all, my house is going to be turned upside down. We're getting our carpet installed Wednesday. Jeff has started moving things and it's all in the dining room. Except for the things that are in our bedroom. Those things are in our bathroom. There will be no bubble baths for me till the weekend, at least. And that's not a good thing because every muscle in my body longs for a nice, hot bath.

Secondly, I'm going to the John Mayer concert on Wednesday night. I gave Jeff the tickets for Christmas. We're both pretty excited about it. The concert is at Phillips Arena, and we have never been to a concert there. It's so funny because when I bought the tickets way back in December, I thought March 17th seemed sooooo far away. Now, here it is two days away. Time is going by so fast. My mom used to tell me that when time starts going by quickly, it's a sign that you're getting old. Uh, yeah, thanks. I'm officially old.

On Friday night we're going to the Moody Blues concert at the Fox Theater. While I'm not a Moody Blues fan, we're going with Ronnie and Nan, so I know it's going to be a huge amount of fun. Ronnie's birthday is that night, so we'll celebrate that too. He's the Moody Blues fan. And just going to the Fox is awesome in itself.

Today I spent a good hour or more in the Verizon store. I had bought the Droid last weekend, but I hated it. It didn't do a thing for me, and I couldn't get used to it. The camera wasn't as good as my old BlackBerry, and the camera is important to me, so it had to go. It's such a ripoff because they tell you that you have 30 days to change your mind about the phone. BUT... they charge you $35 restocking fee when you bring it back. I ended up getting another Droid, but this one is the Droid Eris. It's a lot smaller and lighter. And the camera works well. I was a happy Verizon wireless customer. Until I got home and got the mail. They've sent me two huge bills. I called and got someone in their customer no service department. I promise, I felt like I was in fifth grade. This guy was talking to me like he was a teacher or my boss or something. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I think he was still talking when I hung up the phone. I'll be making yet another trip to the Verizon store tomorrow. This time to straighten out a very confusing bill.

My high school boyfriend's dad passed away last night. I'm planning on visiting the funeral home tomorrow night. His mother was always so, so sweet to me. She gave me a beautiful wedding gift and a baby gift when Ross was born. She always wore Estee Lauder Youth Dew. Every time I smell that perfume, it reminds me of that kind, kind lady and takes me back to the days when time didn't go by so fast. I know her heart is broken, and I'm sad for her.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Till next time.

6 comments:

wendy said...

Yes it is true Kelly....the older we get the FASTER time seems to go. Maybe it is because we just become so much more AWARE of the lives we are living and realize each day can be pretty precious.

Like the loss of your old boyfriends mom's hubby.....how sad. So, I guess just another reminder to love those we have around and give each day our best.
not always easy to do some days

will we be getting new photos of the carpet job. That will be nice when it is all done eh.

Theresa said...

Time flies when you're having fun, that's what I say:) It sounds like a fun week you've got ahead of you! Two concerts and new carpet, wow!

I am sorry the funeral home will be visited too! Sounds like a nice family! I know she will appreciate you coming!

Love you and rest up!

Joyce said...

Good luck with the cell phone company. All of them are out to get us. Keep the adrenalin going! Seems like you'll need it this week! You know, you're not getting any younger. ;D

suzanne said...

What is the deal with customer service people these days? I've been having issues with them myself! First, DirecTv is getting on my nerves, and then the lady with American Greetings yesterday. Nothing makes my blood boil faster. I was just telling myself over and over yesterday to breathe :-(
Have a good Tuesday and can't wait to see your new carpet. Luv ya!

billypandnikkysmom said...

New carpets how nice!!! What color did you pick out? We'll have to see pictures :) have fun at the shows...have a great night, God Bless!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love John Mayer...you will love this concert...Moody Blues I can take or live...but two concerts in one week...how awesome. My aunt that just died...wore Estee Lauder Youth Dew. My cousin Amanda gave me a bottle from her vanity. I cry everytime I smell it. Have a blessed week.