Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mountain Girl or Beach Babe

Which one are you? Do you like the mountains or the beach better? I don't wanna hear that you like the beach in summer, the mountains in fall! That answer is way too easy.

Jeff and I are here in the mountains and it seriously feels springtime outside. Last night we had pizza and we ordered enough for the entire town of Blue Ridge, Georgia to eat. Blue Jeans Pizza is very, very generous with their pizza. And oh, BTW, did I mention that it was awesome too? Leftovers are gonna be lunch today and maybe tonight we'll try another place for dinner.

I ate like a pig yesterday. Hands down. Suz had left some of her World's Best Cupcakes -- don't y'all wish I'd post the
recipe -- at my house after the wienie roast. I brought them along and yesterday, I think I ate four.

Speaking of recipes, because I love all of you so much, I'm posting my Mom's Pumpkin Bread recipe. And honestly, I can't wait to get home to make it myself!

MY MOM'S GLAZED PUMPKIN BREAD
Makes two loaves

3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 (15 ounce) canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon of each of these spices:
Ginger
Cinnamon
Allspice
Clove
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking SODA
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking POWDER

Mix the wet ingredients, then slowly add the dry. Pour into loaf pans and bake it 350 degree oven for one hour. Let the bread cool to warm, then drizzle with this wonderful glaze:

1 cup milk mixed with 1 cup sugar. Thicken to desired consistency, then slowly drizzle over the warm bread.

Do you have a pumpkin recipe to share? I'd LOVE to hear about them. I want to make some different things over the holidays.

Till next time...

5 comments:

wendy said...

YUMMMMMMMMM.........I love pumpkin bread.
Now that is a rotten question. The beach or the moutains.
I have NEVER been one to make a decision........so guess I'll have to pass on that one.

suzanne said...

I'm a mountain girl, I do believe. There's just a peacefulness that I feel every single time I visit. I do love the beach, but my heart's saying mountains. Love you and glad you're pigging out; you deserve it. Love you (again)!

Theresa said...

Oh that's a hard one! I just can't choose:) I tried to say the Mountains because that is where I usually spend my Anniversary and then the ocean was making those oceany sounds! So I am taking the easy way out, beach in the Summer and Mountains in the Fall! Love you bunches and thanks for the recipe!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I did my pumpkin cheesecake and some others, with my readers the other day....here is a link to that post....it is to die for.
http://stillmagnolias.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-have-several-favorite-fall-recipes.html. I love the mountains...in the fall, winter, and spring....and I love the beach in the fall, winter, and spring and for different reasons. In the summer I want to travel to places(beaches and mountains)I can't get to easily in the fall, winter, and spring...LOL....I am a school teacher.

billypandnikkysmom said...

Well, I love the beach the best...I always have!

I just got my new kitchenaid mixer in yesterday & was planning on baking tomorrow morning & that bread is number one onmylist along with that icing!!! Thank you!! Have a great time, see ya when you get back!