Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy B'day to My Hubby

Happy Birthday, Jeff! I'm so glad you were born. Had you not been, my life would be so empty. I wouldn't have my sweet boys to enjoy and fuss about. I would never get to see a live soccer game. My kitchen table would be so empty without your puzzle on it. I would have to do ALL the laundry instead of just a little here and there. I would never have learned how to play Spades. I would have no Holiday Barbie collection or Beanie Baby collection. I would always have to take the dog out instead of only 50 percent of the time. I wouldn't have anyone to laugh with on a daily basis. Or anyone to share all my crazy ups and downs. I would never experience some kinds of music. My purse would always stay in the car. I wouldn't have anyone to tell me I was pretty. Yes, indeed, sugar, I'm very, very thankful you were born.

We got to Tybee around 8 o'clock last night. We stopped on the way in for supper. You can't come to the beach without eating seafood, right. We got our first seafood of the trip at this great little seafood place. You may know of it. Captain D's.

It's tradition when we first get here to ride down the main street and check out the island. Not much going on on a Thursday in February. It was soooo windy. I don't think I've ever seen it quite as windy here before.

The weather luck I have at the beach is still holding true. It's cloudy and it's gonna be rainy today. Not sure about tomorrow, but Sunday is supposed to be sunny. Doesn't really matter too much. I'm just happy to be here. To see and hear the ocean. My toes will touch the sand before we leave. Right now at 8:42 a.m., I am looking out the patio window and there is someone on the beach flying a kite. What a perfectly windy day for kite flying.

I didn't sleep well last night. Multiple things kept me awake. One of which I won't mention because it's his birthday and you're not supposed to talk about how bad someone snores on their birthday. That's just not nice. I think the heat was set on about 95. At home we keep it on 65. Not sure how that happened, but it WON'T happen tonight.

Going to our favorite place for breakfast, The Breakfast Club. I promise I'll make a picture of the light and fluffy omelet stuffed with spinach and Parmesan cheese. I'll take another one of the buttery grits and the toast covered with jelly.

Ah, I love this place. And I love sharing it with the one I love the most.

Happy Birthday, Jeffer! I love ya!!!

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! He is a wonderful Nephew-in-law:) He has always been so kind to me and so welcoming when there are 1000 Howells at your house for your Dad's Birthday! I hope you guys have a wonderful time down there in your "Heaven on Earth"! It really makes me want to go too. Love you and have enough fun for all of us!

Cindy Lou said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!! I am so glad you are enjoying your trip!! My Jeff's Birthday is soon and we are going to the circus! Not the same as a trip to the beach but he has never been!! Have a great time!! Love you!!

suzanne said...

Happy B-day Jefferson!
Love him lots and lots.
Y'all have a good time down in Tybee now, ya hear??

billypandnikkysmom said...

Happy Birthday Jeff, enjoy & MANY MANY MORE!!!! Great post :) Enjoy your time away!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! Kelly, that was the sweetest post! It is the simple things just like those you listed that we should all be thankful for and regretfully, the ones we sometimes take for granted. I loved it. I hope you guys have a wonderful time and that the "Beach Spell" that is on you finally breaks!!! Love you and have fun!

Emma said...

Happy birthday to your hunk of burning love!!!

nan kelly said...

That was so sweet : )