Twenty-two years ago this morning at 8:27 a.m., I became a mom. It was one of the happiest days of my life. There couldn't be a better feeling in all the world than holding your very own baby.
So here, in no particular order, are some things I've learned in the 22 years since I became a mom.
1. I can love way more than I ever thought I could.
2. I would give my life for my kids.
3. I would fight Hercules to protect my kids.
4. No matter how old they are, they are still my little boys.
5. When they're hurting, I hurt.
6. When they're happy, I'm happy.
7. They are very expensive.
8. Childhood is lots cheaper than the teenage years.
9. I love to make memories for them.
10. It's very hard to watch them drive away in a vehicle.
11. Boys are very messy.
12. They are also very funny.
13. Having sons makes me feel safe.
14. It also makes me feel tired.
15. But most of all, they make me happy. Every. Single. Day.
Happy birthday, my dear sweet son. I wish you many, many more. The man you've become has made me proud!
Till next time...
UPDATE ON THE WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION: Yesterday was a rough day. He went back to work and did okay. When he got home, though, and attempted to work out, he couldn't do it and had to come home. He was feeling pretty lousy. I'm hoping that today will be a better day and that he'll be able to resume a normal diet and get back to his normal routine. He's pretty sick of feeling bad.