Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Best I've Got

Is this.

I haven't done anything worth writing about this week.  It's been one of those kind of weeks.  I  haven't cooked anything.  I haven't done any projects.  I haven't gone anywhere special.  You might say life has been one big bore fest.

About the most exciting thing I've done all week is get my hair done today.  The girl I usually see is out on maternity leave, so I had to see another girl.  She did a good job and I enjoyed chatting with her.  She's from Vietnam and she has been in the U.S. for 20 years.  She speaks English almost flawlessly and she's 4'11", so we had a good talk about the pitfalls of being short.

I had gotten all prepared for my "cleaning lady" to come Tuesday morning.  I had my bed stripped and the sheets in the dryer.  I had left a bowl from the night before in the sink.  You know, I wanted to get my money's worth.  Karma.  She called and had car trouble and couldn't come.  Ugh.  My house was filthy.  It hadn't had a good cleaning in a couple of weeks.  I cleaned it up from top to bottom.  My low back was killing me, but I was in heaven.  I tell ya, I don't love very many things as much as I love a good clean house.

I've been spending a lot of time here.



Thank goodness, the dizziness was just a one-day thing.  So I've been working out every day.  I've experienced yoga for the very first time.  I liked it, but it was far from relaxing to me.  Maybe after I've gone to the class a few times and know the moves a little better, it'll be more relaxing.  The only relaxing move I experienced was at the end of the class when we were just sitting down breathing.  I've had some pretty good soreness, but it's the good kind of sore.  You know, the kind that let's you know that you've used muscles, other than your brain and mouth (if there are muscles in either of those two places.)

I've also gone to the Rockdale Indoor Soccer field three times.  Jeff's back to playing soccer again.  Yes, you can play soccer at almost 48 years old.  Maybe he doesn't sprint quite as often or make quite as many goals as he did, oh, five years ago, but the man can still play and he's still my hero!  He pulled a muscle in his thigh during the second game, so I think that's slowed him down a bit. 

Jeff and Cam have been going to the gym too.  They run circles around me, but hey, I'm a girl, you know.  It's nice to throw that "I'm a girl" card every once in a while, isn't it.  Like when the trash is heavy or when the serving dish you need is up too high to reach.  Or sometimes I just thow mine down just because I want to.  Hee-Hee.

Ross went to the dentist today.  Thank heaven my sorry teeth don't run in the family.  He had a perfect checkup  Good thing.  I'm all spent out on teeth.  Which, in case you're wondering, I'm getting more and more used to mine.  I'm not crazy about it, but it beats a big black hole in my mouth.  I guess.  Sunday at church, Cynthia gave me a piece of chewing gum, which promptly got all stuck to my fake tooth.  It was lovely.  I bought Freedent.  They advertise that it won't stick to most dental work.  I'll let you know.

I have to work tomorrow at 2 p.m. on the other side of the world.  I'm sure I will get stuck in the best of the worst traffic Atlanta has to offer.  But after I get home, I'm going to LaParilla to celebrate two weeks of working out, two weeks of soccer, a clean house and a new hairdo.  Because like I said in my title, it's the best I've got.

Have an awesome Thursday night.

Till next time.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Girl, I thought that was a picture from the starship Enterprise:) Great hairdo I am sure! You always look beautiful. Working out is sooooo good for you, it would be good for me too if I would do it. That Jeff is a Spry young fella playing soccer at his age, that gives him a good workout too. Be safe on your journeys and have a blessed day! Love you!

suzanne said...

I'm soo proud of you doing all sorts of good-for-you stuff. I really liked yoga when Jason and I did it. But Honey, Jason was awful. Maybe your job won't go too long and you'll miss most of the traffic. You could always come visit me!
P.S. Please beware of the LaParilla margarita headache.

Cindy Lou said...

You go girl...working out, doing yoga, and getting your hair done!! I love to do that last one...it always makes you feel good about yourself!! I hope your day at work won't be to bad! You have a great evening!! I love you!!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Cute picture!!!! Kudos toyou for working out....I need to step it up! Hope you had a great day & have a wonderful night!

Joyce said...

I just love reading your blog. It ALWAYS makes me smile! ;D xoxo

Tracy said...

Cute picture! I tried yoga too, when we were doing P90X, and it is an hour and a half of twisting and turning in all sorts of ways! Not relaxing to me either. They say it is good, though. Good job on going to the gym! That is an accomplishment and think about the housework as you saved money and burned more calories(and it was done the way you like it)! I have not had much to blog about lately, either. I have cooked a few new things and posted on the recipe blog, but no projects...just workouts, work, sports with kids, etc. I will get something going soon! Have a great day!