Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Day of Retail Therapy

From time to time every girl needs to get out and have a little fun. Fun can be anything that the girl likes. Yesterday I got to do two things that I consider fun. Well, three actually. 1. I got to spend time with Suz and the fam. 2. I got to have Chinese for lunch. 3. I got to shop from 1 o'clock until 5 o'clock.

We went to a Chinese restaurant in Buford. It's been there for years and is reputable for having very good Chinese food. Well, I'm pretty sure someone told them I was coming for lunch. They decided to have an off day. The soup was excellent. The egg roll was good. The rice was awesome. The chicken was terrible.

Even though my food wasn't very good, I still had such a good time. Suz and I were cracking up because the restaurant must have been playing a CD with love songs from the early to mid '80s. It was hilarious. The Commodores. Air Supply. I didn't know corny love songs were the music of choice for Chinese restaurants. Oh, well, maybe it's something new.

After lunch, the shopping began. Neither of us were shopping for anything in particular. We needed to get some stuff for Reid's birthday and she wanted to look at things for her house. During the four-hour shopping trip, we went to TJMaxx, Party City, Target, Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree. Party City has the neatest things out for the Super Bowl.

Suz would definitely be ready for the game if she bought this. But she didn't.
Once upon a time, I could shop for hours and hours and hours without ever getting tired. Now that I'm 44, my back hurts, my knees hurt, my hips hurt and my feet hurt. I was pooped. But, you know, it was the good kind of pooped. The kind of pooped that comes from shopping with your sis for hours. Ah, retail therapy. It's a good thing. A very, very good thing.
Till next time. . .

2 comments:

suzanne said...

I had a great time, too, of course.
But why, oh, why, is every picture you ever post of me does it look like I just rolled out of bed and always have on the same hoodie???
HA! Love ya!

Theresa said...

I missed this post:( I guess you must have posted it Thursday Night and then Reid's birthday Friday morning. Anywho... you girls have fun whatever you do. I love Chinese food but you know my favorite place changed owners and wasn't as good. I need to try them again to see if it has improved. Love Suzanne's football hat, but she is cute in anything.

Love you and glad you had a good time!