Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Great Day to Be Six & A Case of Blogger's Block

Today's my sweet little Eli's birthday. He's a big six-year-old now. He makes my heart smile every time I think about him. I just wish I could see him more often and get to do all the things with him that I would like to.

We had his birthday part Sunday night at his house. Cupcakes, ice cream, hamburgers and all the fixings were the order of the day. Suz has a baseball field at her house, so all the kids -- even me -- went up there and played baseball. I don't know when the last time I've ran around the bases on a baseball field. Such fun.

This sweet picture is of Eli after cupcakes and playing baseball. His face is wearing a little bit of chocolate and a little bit of baseball field dirt. Precious.

Eli, if you happen to read this -- he can read, you know -- I love you very much and I hope that you will have as much fun being six as you've had being five.
So you may have noticed I've been absent the last couple of weeks. It was quite unintentional. I've just had a bit of blogger's block.

It's not that I haven't had anything to write about per se. I mean, I went to the aquarium last week and made tons of pictures. We had the Easter Egg hunt at my house on Easter. I've cleaned out a flower bed. I've been working out like a lunatic. Heck, I even cooked a spectacular chicken dish one night.
No, for me, the blogger's block comes by way of the fact that my computer I blog on is also my work computer. Which means it's in my office. Which is also where I work. Which is why I don't like to come into my office.
I enjoy looking over the past year's blogs and seeing all the things that were going on in my life and I know I'll be sorry if I don't keep my blog going. I've just got to figure something out to make it a little easier.
Till next time, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later, I've missed ya!

8 comments:

Barry said...

Well yes indeedy I have been wondering where YOU WERE. I'd keep checking your blog and see nothing new.....????
glad it was just bloggers block and not anything serious.
I love all the new pictures on your sidebar!!

6 year old's are fun.

Barry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendy said...

Oh dear, I didn't realize my hubby was on my computer....so bear is HIM, not ME.
this is ME.

suzanne said...

Glad to see a new post! I miss you when you don't but I totally understand with the computer. Then it's causing you more stress knowing you need/want to blog. Vicious cycle -- heehee!
I will let Eli read this... Happy b-day to him! We both luv u lots!

Theresa said...

Oh I am happy to see you in my sidebar:) Must be something in the water, lots of people are taking bloggervacations. It is just part of my day and I do it from my laptop unless I have to scan pictures in. Happy Birthday to that that handsome Eli! He is precious and I love him too. I hope he has a wonderful day.

Love you dear Kelly! Have a blessed day!

Tracy said...

Aww..Happy Birthday, Eli! He sure is a cute little guy! Glad to see you. I took Autumn Sunday to see the Miley Movie! I was coming to tell you about how much we liked it and there you were with a new post! I get that way sometimes. I took tons of pics on our trip and at easter and still have not posted any of them. Love ya and I hope you figure it out. I sure love reading it!

billypandnikkysmom said...

well, he is a sweetie!!! I know what you mean about bloggers-block ~ LOL ~ I suffer from it quite often!!

REGINA said...

WELL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THAT CUTE, SWEET LITTLE ELI! GLAD TO SEE YOU. I GET MORE LAUGHS OUT OF YOUR BLOGGS. I MEAN THAT IN A GOOD WAY. I SURE HAVE MISSED YOU. HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :)