Friday, April 16, 2010

Which Came First

The chicken or the egg? Cam worked with my dad yesterday and brought these home.

Daddy has a chicken that lays light blue eggs. They look a little gray in the picture, but they're light blue. Kinda cool, huh? He put them in the cutest little box protected with a paper towel. If you know my dad, you know that's so him.

Yesterday the tux fitting went exactly as I thought it would. His pants were too big. The vest was too big. The coat was too big. The shirt and the tie fit perfectly. And let me just go ahead and tell ya, he looks GOOD. This is only the second time I've seen Cam in a tux. The first time he was three years old and in Suz's wedding. It seriously made me tear up yesterday. He was so dang handsome. I cannot wait to see him in the tux with everything fitting. The vest and tie are the prettiest shade of blue. I hope it matches his date's dress, but if it doesn't, I know they will be the best looking couple there anyway.

We're doing lots of yardwork today. Jeff took a day off from work and so we've got big plans. Spring sure does bring a lot of work, doesn't it? I've already washed my front porch twice, my deck once. The pollen just keeps on coming. I want some flowers for the yard, but with the way our summers are around here, I just hate to plant anything in the ground. What I really hate is dragging a water hose all over the yard to water them. I'm just not sure what I want to do. Pots or in the ground? In the ground or pots? Or a little of both.

Hope everyone has a great Friday, my favorite day of the week. Can't wait to share the prom with all of you. I'm probably more excited than anyone.

Till next time.

8 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

I do know about those fresh eggs! Everyone says they make the best cakes so get to baking!! hehe!! :)

I can not wait to see pictures of Cam in the tux! Britani and Bradley have prom on May 1st!! Can't wait...I am way more excited than they are!

Enjoy your weekend and don't work too hard!! Love you bunches!!

Cindy Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzanne said...

I cannot wait to see that handsome Cameron! I bet them is some danged good eggs, too.
Loves :0)

billypandnikkysmom said...

Hmm, I just knew Cam would be a handsome fella in that tux!! I know what you mean about dragging the hose all over...I do really well for a few weeks and then everything just dries up :(...Fresh eggs make the best ANYTHING!!! Have a great Friday!

Theresa said...

Beautiful eggs and I know your Daddy had them packaged so they wouldn't break, oh how I love him:) Blue eggs, now that would be great for Easter... no coloring.

That Cam is too handsome in a t-shirt and jeans! In a tux, be still my heart.

Have a blessed day dear Kelly! Love you!

Joyce said...

Blue eggs, huh? I've never seen a blue chicken egg! I've seen a blue Robin's egg, but never a chicken. Are they just like others? Call me dumb but this is new to me! I love boys in tuxes, they look so handsome! No matter what age! Can't wait to see a photo. Take one of you crying too! lol!

Nana said...

Great eggs! I love planting but, by October I am sick of the whole mess. Can't wait to get out there right now though.

wendy said...

I can't wait to see the prom pictures too.
I say POTS ---and YARD. (tee,hee, I am alot of help eh)
I can't wait to get to my flower pots, but will have to wait until end of May to make sure things have warmed up enough.