Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It Was the Fever

The cabin fever, that is. I hadn't been to the gym since Saturday. I haven't driven since Sunday. I have eaten way too much, while excusing it because of the snow/ice, which at first was like a second Christmas. I was grouchy. I was out of sorts. I was cooped up in the house with two 18-year-olds, a 16-year-old, and Ross. I was cursing the day we bought our big-screen TV for the living room. I was cursing the day I allowed Ross to bring the X-Box into the living room. I was cursing everything.

And then I slept and...

I didn't really sleep, but what I did was ask Jeff to go to Chick-fil-A with me for lunch. Getting out of the house cleared my mind. It also helped that, when we got home, all the male invaders were gone.

Now, please don't misunderstand me. I love my kids. I love my nephew, Joseph, who has been here since Sunday. I love Cam's friends. But I felt like if I didn't get some semblance of normalcy in my house I was going to go postal.

I must say that that Chick-fil-A was one of the best ever. I'm pretty sure it was because I was enjoying being back out in society. I felt the fever breaking.

When we got home, I pulled a dear friend out of the closet.

Within the hour, I felt like a new woman. I vacuumed the whole house, with Jeff's help. He understands -- well, sort of -- my fear of the man cave and the man bathroom. ~Gross~ He was very sweet to clean those rooms for me.

Got my Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner, my Clorox spray and wiped down every spot in my living room and kitchen. Wiped the leather sofas, fluffed the throw pillows and spritzed them with a little Febreeze.
Shook all the rugs, swept all the floors, and then stood back and admired our efforts.

Ahh, the clean, fresh smell of my house.
I tell ya, it wasn't the OCD this time. It was the fever.
According to Wikipedia: Cabin fever is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, in a small space.

Thank heavens, I'm cured.

Till next time...

6 comments:

billypandnikkysmom said...

I know the feeling...I love it when our son is home & when my husband has vacation but the mess really makes me nuts! The bathroom, girl please I keep my rubber gloves, Clorox wipes and Ajax handy!! Glad you got out & glad you were able to get your house cleaned up, even if it's only for a minute!

Theresa said...

I know, I have had it too! Marc shoveled the driveway and part of the main road so that we could get out! I was sooooo HAPPY just to go to Kroger:) YUMMY, Chick-fil-a sounds great! This will all be a distant memory soon, can't wait for that! It has really been a learning experience, I have learned that I love to be able to get out!

Love you bunches, we will survive:)

Cindy Lou said...

I have been so content staying here in my house cooking and cleaning and being with my crew!! I did have one thing that bothered me and it was...all the clothes that got wet and thrown in the floor! So we had a little chat and they took care of the problem!! :)

I did get out and about today and it was nice to see all the snow/ice still on the ground! Enjoy your day and I am glad your fever is gone!! Love you bunches!!

Tracy said...

Good Morning, Sweet Cousin. I believe you and my Mom are just alike. She could handle a few days, but had to venture out too. Cindy and I, on the other hand, could do this for another week! I have not even left the house since Saunday and I am fine. :) Glad you got yourself cured, though. Have a wonderful day!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I cleaned house too...and loved every minute of it. I would have lost my mind if I hadn't. I was so glad to get to go back to work.

Nana said...

That must be what is wrong with me.
The high here for the last 2 weeks has been around 28 degrees. Don't even get me started on the lows.

I don't want to leave the house but, I DO want to leave the house. My dear friend isn't helping.

I think I'll go to Vegas.