Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Well, Whadda Ya Know

I started feeling so much worse throughout the morning yesterday. I could hardly breathe and just felt so weak and bad. My symptoms weren't really the same as Jeff's, so I got an appointment with the doctor and I have a full-blown case of bronchitis. Got two shots (ouchy on my hip) and five prescriptions (ouchy on my wallet). I wish I could say that I'm feeling a million times better, but not so much. At least I can hold my head up to type this post though.
Anyway, I don't know what made me think to check -- it was just as if a light went off in my head and told me to do a little research on this bedtime staple.
Putting two and two together, it just seemed as though the bronchitis and the diphenhydramine in the Simply Sleep might be related. After all, it's basically Benadryl, which is an antihistamine. Lo and behold, there it was. It was in teeny tiny writing, but it was there nonetheless. Consult your doctor before you take if you have a history of asthma or chronic bronchitis. Ah hah!

I'm not very good to read the small print on over-the-counter medicines. I don't know why I don't, because they can be pretty dangerous, obviously. I think the fact that you can buy them without prescription gives me false security that they're okay for any and everyone. Not so.

So now I'm up at 4:00 a.m. and have never gone to bed. Yikes! Plus one of the prescriptions is a steroid that may hype me up and increase my appetite. The cough syrup that has a big warning label that it causes sleepiness and clearly states "Do Not Drive While Taking This Medication" only makes my scalp crawl. I think I can drive with a crawly scalp.

Seems to me that now I'm not going to have bronchitis, but I'm going to have awful insomnia, be hyper and fat with an itchy scalp. Hmmmm.

Till tomorrow.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you can talk to me now! :-)

Theresa said...

Hallelujah! You are the funniest... should be a comedian. While your illness is certainly not funny, your description IS! Hope you feel mucho better today, I already do. You must have it much worse that us because Tracy and I didn't get a shot. Brendafaye has an appt this afternoon, Cindy says she has it really bad. Derek is going at 10:45. Wonder why we all have this crud? Rest, Relax and Read or just kick back and sleep! What was wrong with your comment hickiedo?
Love you!

wendy said...

Oh man ---your a mess (tee,hee) Meds can be soooo scarry.
At least you don't have diarreha ----do ya???

Missy said...

Prayer and hugs for you! Feel better soon!

REGINA said...

HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON.

tracychele said...

Ohh Kelly! How did we ALL get the same mess!!!??? I feel for you since I certainly know how you feel! I hope you are all better soon. Hope Jeff is better too! Love you!

Theresa said...

Hope you are feeling better! You can't keep a good woman down:) Love you, Auntie Theresa