Today's the last day of August. Even though fall doesn't officially begin for a couple more weeks, and here in the great state of Georgia, we don't get very fallish weather until October. And even then it doesn't feel like fall every day.
Even though I LOVE summer, I also enjoy the changing of the seasons. And by this time every year, I'm always ready for some cooler weather with humidity less than a hundred percent. Summer and fall are my favorite seasons. Spring makes me anxious for summer and winter, well, it's just plain dull. Everything is dormant, including me. Yep, give me the summer and fall and I'm a happy girl.
When September rolls around, I'm always sick of my summer clothes. But it's way too early to bring out sweaters or long sleeves. I'm over all the hot pink and I'm ready for the warm colors of autumn. So if you see me in a plum-color sweater and I'm glistening, just know that I'm excited about fall.
Here's a little list of the things I LOVE about Fall: (in no particular order)
1. The gorgeous colors.
2. Shopping for Halloween costumes.
3. Georgia football. GO DAWGS!!!!
4. The smell of cinnamon and apples.
5. Having wienie roasts.
6. Not sweating so much.
7. Not having to feel guilty when my summer annuals look like crud.
8. Sleeping with the windows open and letting the cool, crisp air inside.
9. Being able to ride with the top down without sticking to the seats.
12. Buying candy corn. And eating candy corn.
13. Looking forward to the banana bread my mama makes my sisters and me for Halloween.
14. Sweaters. Nothing like a snuggly sweater.
15. Taking my annual birthday trip. Should we go to Tybee or the mountains?
16. Georgia football. GO DAWGS!!!
17. No smelly trash can outside.
18. Muscadines and scuppernongs! Yummy!
19. The Howell Family Reunion.
20. Letting my tan fade gracefully. (But my cellulite looks so much better tan.)
21. Wearing pants instead of shorts. (See parenthesis above.)
22. Sitting on my back deck.
23. And did I mention Georgia football? I really love that one!
24. Wearing dark nail polish.
25. The idea of just sitting by a fire and reading a good book.
26. Trick-or-treating and Halloween in general.
28. My mama's sweet potato pie.
How about y'all? What do you love about fall?
The only bad thing about fall is that when it's done, it's wintertime. Ugh.
Till tomorrow, put on a sweater and think fall!