Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well, this is shaping up to be a crazy week. I spent the night at my sister, Suzanne's, in Buford last night and was privileged to babysit my niece and nephews for a little while. Took a giant step back in time and played Hulk Operation and grocery store with Eli, who is four. It was lots of fun and made me realize how much energy I'm gonna need before my kids get married and give me grandchildren. The reason for the visit, however, was an unexpected visit to the hospital for my brother-in-law's dad. He was having chest pains and had to be admitted to the hospital. Then the son of one of Suzanne's friends (and mine too) was burned badly Saturday night in a campfire accident. Playing with gasoline around fire just isn't a good idea. He and the other boy are lucky to be alive. And then lastly, Jason, who is Suzanne's husband, his grandfather is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. Their family is having a lot to deal with and needs lots of prayer.

Now, as for my day. I'm getting my hair done, a doctor's appointment, and then have to work at 2. My to-do list grows longer every day. Not much is getting checked off. Oh, well. Jeff went to the grocery store for a few things last night since I wasn't there. I sure hope the boys left the house straight when they left this morning. I don't want to have a breakdown when I get home and end up in an OCD straightjacket. Even more of a week that would turn out to be!

I need some blog 101. I want to be able to do all the cool things that Joyce and Karla do. Any pointers would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

since i learned most things from karla, what do ya want to do?

Crystal said...

Ok, I think I have finally figured out how to post a comment!! I'm very very blog-challenged!!! My favorite Christmas songs are Rudolph, Frosty, Baby it's cold outside, O Holy Night.....I'm trying to think of another one! I'm not like you and Suzanne, y'all have all those burned Christmas cd's but for some reason NO ONE thought to burn the other sister one!!!!! Just kidding (not really).....