Warm temps and sunshine have put me to thinking about all the things I do and, oh, yes, all the things I don't like about summer, which is just around the corner. Thought I'd share a few with y'all. We'll start with the Things I Like:
- Going barefoot.
- The smell of suntan lotion around a pool or beach. Or anywhere for that matter.
- Eating fresh Silver Queen corn with butter dripping off of it from my daddy's garden.
- Riding with the top down. Not my top down. The top down on the car. Sillies.
- Watching hummingbirds.
- Fresh tomatoes from Jeff's garden. And cucumbers. And squash.
- Sitting on the deck at LaParilla and watching the sun go down.
- Long days. Short nights.
- Watching my big boys fish off the pier at Tybee.
- Color. Everywhere. Color.
Things I Don't Like:
- The way my feet are so rough they could be used in place of sandpaper.
- Having to fill up the hummingbird feeders. Such an easy task, but such a pain.
- The mess the fresh veggies make when you bring them inside. Dirt everywhere. Y'all know I don't DOOO dirt.
- Having a To Do List that is so long that you'll never get it all done.
- Flies. I hate, hate, hate flies. And every time I open the door, as Nan would say, every bug in Henry County comes in!
- Wearing ladies undergarments. A/K/A a bra. Most uncomfortable in Georgia heat.
- Humidity. And hair in humidity. And makeup in humidity.
- Feeling dirty/sweaty/sticky.
- Being stuck inside having to work when I want to be outside. :0)
Do y'all have things you do and don't like about the warmer weather? Leave me a comment or post on your blog and let me know. Curious minds want to know. . .