1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
Since I sit long, boring meetings (also known as depositions) at least three or four times a week, I think it's worse to stand in line to return or exchange something after Christmas. This is worse on SO many levels. First, the store looks like a tornado blew through it. If you need to exchange your gift for something else, you may as well forget it. Everything is broken and the only sizes left are Extra Extra Small. Second, the clerks who work in the store are sure not in a good mood that day. I mean, come on, would you be? Third. The whole receipt/no receipt thing. And you can refer back to the second reason on this one.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
I bite back with a vengeance. I'm willing to listen to anybody who's being polite, but if you're rude and you corner me or cause me to defend myself or ANY member of my family, my fangs come out big time.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
Not too much, which is very odd for someone like me. I love to hear stories about my family's past. I've heard bits and pieces from both my mom and dad's side. Nothing too exciting. In fact, from research my cousin did, it's possible that my mother's family came to South Georgia from New York shortly after the Civil War. As carpetbaggers. Gasp. But that didn't last for long. They became hardworking farmers growing tobacco and cotton. As for the Howells, my dad's family, I only know that the surname is Welsh and it means prominent or eminent. And I know that it should also mean good cooks, hot tempers, and big hearts!
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
I like handwritten notes and cards.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
I'm a pie girl all the way. My mom makes me a birthday pie instead of a cake. Here's the recipe she makes for me:
MY MAMA'S SWEET POTATO PIE
Boil 3 sweet potatoes with a little salt. When they're done, mash them up and add 1/2 stick of butter. Add 2 eggs (beaten). Then add some sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla. This is all done to taste, she doesn't measure (naturally, what great cook does?) If you like other spices, add them in also to taste. I prefer it without all the spices, but lots and lots of vanilla.
Bake at 350 degrees until it's done.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
No. I love purses, but I don't change to match my outfit. I seem to change more depending on my mood.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
Hmmm. Not sure on this one. I am very good at multi-tasking, but when I'm heavily involved in something, I'm not in the mood for conversation. Ask Suz or Jeff. They've been cut off many times because I'm thinking and can't talk.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Cracker Barrel. But every time I go I tell myself I'm not going back. The store is better than the food, in my opinion. I eat IHOP once a year and that's the day after Thanksgiving when we're shopping and I'm starving.
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
Yes, I have and I can't remember what the movie was. I have also slept through several movies. Have you? I have a touch of ADD to go along with my OCD. I sometimes have a hard time sitting through a whole movie. Unless. . . I have a really big bag of popcorn, a really big box of Milk Duds and a big ol' Diet Coke.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
I'd like to be more disciplined in our finances. But my desire to shop outweighs my desire to be disciplined every time.
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
No, it was not fun, but it was not painful either. Well, I guess it was sorta painful as I was painfully shy.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Don't have one. I like hot chocolate, but rarely make it.
So that's my Random Dozen. Don't forget to visit Linda and link up your Random Dozen.
I've been hearing from Cam every day. He's having fun. Today I got a picture message from Drew's mom of Cam petting the stingrays at Sea World. They've been really busy every day, going someplace different each day. I thought he might have spent all of his spending money last night when he text me that he had just left BassPro Shops. Luckily for him, he restrained himself and only bought one shirt. He now officially has 100 Guy Harvey T-shirts. Ha!
Jason had his knee surgery this morning and they're already on the way home. Everything went well and hopefully he'll be back to normal soon. A dad of three can't be down long.
I'm working this afternoon in Decatur. Hope it won't be pouring down rain like it has been. All the nut drivers really come out in the rain.