Thursday, April 10, 2014

Just Moaning and Groaning

Today I fee lousy. I have no energy and my surgery incision site has been sore. That's in addition to the normal pain I'm having from the Interstim. And the worst news of all is that I don't even know if this Interstim is going to help. I'm in a super funk. I'm trying hard to stay hopeful and optimistic. It would be easier if I didn't feel like someone was stabbing me in my private area.
I went to a depo this morning. I thought yesterday that I felt well enough that I could work today. Yesterday, I did feel good enough. Today, I did not. But I went and, thankfully, the witness didn't show up, so I got to leave. I ran into Target to exchange some jammies and pick up a few things. By the time I left, I was miserable and couldn't wait to get home. And do this. And this is what I've been doing for hours now.

 

I'm covered in my Snoopy blanket, even though I'm not cold. I like it for comfort, too. I'm looking out the window and looking forward to getting my energy back so that I can do the things I want to do, like yardwork, working out, yoga, riding my bicycle and so forth. Right now it seems like it'll be years before I feel like doing any of that stuff. But I know it's only going to be a few weeks. I've had two surgeries in less than a month. That's got to be rough on a body. I can testify to that.

A couple of weeks ago we got a new car. A brand-new car. Is there anything more delightful to the senses than the smell of a brand-new car? I think not. We got a 2014 Escape. I love it! It drives so smooth and has a lot of bells and whistles that I'm really enjoying. Jeff is driving it to work every day, but I've driven it some, too. I'm looking forward to all of the pollen being gone so that I can let the top down on my convertible. Now, that will make me feel good for sure. The pine trees look like they're about to burst they're so full of that icky green stuff. Hopefully, by this time next week they'll have let loose of their pollen and we can sit outside without feeling like we need a good dusting before we come inside.

Our little Eli Marshall got his hair cut yesterday. He has been begging Suz for months to let him get it cut short. None of us really wanted him to get his curls cut off, because they just suited his personality so much.
But she gave in yesterday and let him get it cut. He'll be 10 in a few days and in in this picture, I feel like he looks about 15. I know our Eli Marshall is the same little boy without his curls. It's just going to take a little while to get used to it. But look how handsome and proud!

He's a great kid. Smart and happy all the time. A blessing in our lives for sure. I can't wait to give him smooches on that great, new haircut.

Jeff just walked in and asked if I felt up to riding with him to Lowes. I think I will go. It'll do me good. Maybe I'll pick up a few pots of flowers for the porch. Flowers ALWAYS make me happy.

Thanks for listening to my moaning and groaning. I know this will soon be a thing of the past.

Till next time...

 

3 comments:

suzanne said...

So glad to read your blog again. Love you soooo much and can't wait until you're better.

Crystal said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad, maybe you have tried to do too much? Hope you feel better quickly!! Love you!

Theresa said...

Oh my poor Kelly! Sending you a big HUG this morning and hoping that each day will be a little better! I remember when I had my feet surgery MANY years ago, it really got me down. I couldn't move without help! It finally went away and now is just a distant memory! I pray that you will have less pain today, more skip in your step and less frowns on your beautiful face! LOVE YOU to pieces!