Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Too Blessed to Be Stressed

Yesterday was the day of my final surgery for the Interstim nerve stimulator placement.  We had to be at Emory at 5:30 in the morning.  This is the lobby at Emory.  It looks more like a super nice hotel than it does a hospital lobby.
 The second procedure was nothing compared to the first.  Of course, they put me to sleep for the second one, and I sure was thankful.  I couldn't have taken any more pain like I had during the first one.
 Shortly after I got home, I had a houseful of visitors.  Suz, Reid, Alayna, Eli, Crystal and Ethan came.  Suz brought me a dozen FRESH Krispy Kreme donuts.  If you don't have a Krispy Kreme nearby, or they don't have them in your grocery store, I'm sorry.  They are THE best donut on the planet.
 Crystal brought me some pretty, fresh flowers.  Everyone who knows me knows I LOVE fresh flowers.  Well, really, now that I think about it, I love anything that's fresh.  Ross brought me the most beautiful purple orchid I have ever seen.  I mean, seriously, it's beautiful.  I'm going to do my best to keep it growing.  Suz brought me roses and Cam and Alicia brought me flowers, too.  They all know that flowers in my kitchen make me happy.  In fact, that's really all my kitchen is for is to display pretty things.

I had not been home too long when my mama and daddy came to see me.  They were concerned about me, I could tell.  All the love that's been shown to me the past several weeks has made me realize how loved I am.  That's a darn good feeling, too.
As if all that weren't enough, my good friend that I work with sent me a text that she had put a little something in my mailbox.  She had put these pretty nail polishes in large plastic Easter eggs.  It was like she knew these were the colors I was looking for my Easter dress in.  Aren't they gorgeous?
I have had so many people praying for me.  A friend from the gym has sent me text messages before and after each procedure.  She had her prayer group praying for me, too.  God is so good to me, and my heart is so grateful.  

 My dad was scheduled for a medical test today, but he wasn't able to go due to his diabetes.  His sugar dropped very low and he was too weak to make it to the appointment.  I'm going with him Friday to the doctor that ordered the test and discuss other options with him.   Please pray that they will have some other way to perform the test.  He needs to have it done, but he's not able to go without food for 24 hours.  He's not your everyday diabetic.  His sugar drops dangerously low sometimes.

I'm feeling good enough to go in my office and get some work done.  So that's what I'm about to do.  It's a lovely day here in Georgia.  The trees are blooming, the grass is green and the pollen is just terrible.  But I love it because that means that Spring is here!  The gloominess of the winter is gone.

Till next time...  Love and hugs to you!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I am so happy that you are feeling better:). What sweet family you have! Donuts and flowers can sure make a girl feel good. I am praying that there is another test to find out what is going on with your Dad! I love you precious Niece! Take care and yell if you need me:)