Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Road Trippin'


Don't have too long this morning, gotta make a long road trip for a job. But I'm not gonna complain -- well, at least not too much. It's just this darn traffic around here. There are just TOO many drivers on the road. I've got to make an hour-and-a-half drive that'll probably take me two-and-a-half. UGH! And on top of that, it's raining and I just had my car washed for the first time since November. Double UGH!

Ross and Cam are both sick with this creeping crud that's going around. Cam's got it pretty bad. He's got a fever, sore throat, runny nose/stuffy nose, cough and stomach ache. And oh, yeah, a headache too. Ross is just coughing, which makes his asthma start up. It really brings out the mommy in me when they get sick. I love to pamper really more than I like to be pampered. And believe you me, that's a heap of pampering! Knock on wood, Jeff and I have so far managed to escape the nasty germ. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. That's the last thing I need.

Jeff and I went to Georgia Pool Supply to pick out our pool liner. This is the one I picked out. I thought it would look so nice with the brick on the house and I just love the colors. It's even prettier in person. I can't imagine how gorgeous it's going to be when it's in the pool and full of water. I can't wait. Summer is so calling my name. I don't know what to plant around the pool though. I'm thinking natural-looking things will look best with this liner since it's more rustic than tropical looking. What do y'all think? I could just go with the weed look that grows so well in our yard, but I think I'd like something a little nicer. I've got a couple of months to think about it, but it makes me happy when I think about sunny things, so sunny things are what I'm thinking about. I may start using Coppertone suntan lotion just because I enjoy the summertime smell. Does that make me a little over the top?

Didn't get to make my soup last night. Jeff and I ate a late lunch. I didn't eat all of my sandwich, so he ate all of his and the other half of mine. He wasn't hungry when it was time for supper. He did make the most delicious cinnamon strudel muffins though. They were from a box mix and man, they were tasty. That was my supper. His too. Cam had some clam chowder and not sure what Ross had. They need some homemade chicken noodle soup. Do I have any volunteers? Just kidding. Knowing my sweet family, they'll be trucking it over by the bucketful. Cam doesn't even like chicken noodle soup. I offered to open him a can. See how much I like to pamper.
Suz sent me this tasty recipe last night. We're really into cherry limeade lately. We get them at Sonic and with tons of cherries on top. That's how we order them. A diet cherry limeade with tons of cherries on top. They charge 20 cents extra for tons of cherries.
Here ya go, courtesy of Suz:
SUZ'S DIET CHERRY LIMEADE (Makes 1 glass)
Fill your glass with crushed ice. Then pour in some Diet Sprite. Squirt or squeeze some fresh lime juice, then add some maraschino cherry juice to that. Top with tons of cherries. Throw a couple of lime slices in for flavor and because they look so pretty floating in your glass. Save your 20 cents.
Good job, Suz! Can't wait to try that one.

Okay, y'all, that's my post for now. Hope you have a Happy Humpday!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Sorry the boys are not feeling good! I am sick of all the sickness. After the doctor said Avery was fine, she had a 103 degree fever. Tracy said she is really being tested as a Mommy.

Be careful on the road and try to stay dry.

I was enjoying reading all the various blogs linked to yours while having a cup of coffee. My honey had to be downtown early, got up at 5AM.

LOVE the pool liner!!!!!!! It will be gorgeous filled with water and children with something cooking on the grill, flowers blooming and sun shining. Sounds like heaven, huh? Soon....

Anyway, love you and have a blessed day.

Joyce said...

That's it. I'm coming to your pool party! That will be beautiful! Can't wait!
Praying for your boys. And no you are not crazy.

suzanne said...

I really love the new pool liner. I know it will be even prettier in person. Eli will be so relieved to hear that you are getting your pool fixed.
Hope the Big Boys are better soon.
LYLAS

REGINA said...

I'M SO THANKFUL THAT I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH TRAFFIC.THE ONES WHO DO GOD BLESS YOU.HOPE YOUR BOYS GET BETTER.I MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP HOMEMADE.IT'S REAL GOOD AND EASY. I TOLD BARBARA ABOUT IT LAST WEEK.LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT. THE POOL LINER LOOKS GREAT! I LOVE SUMMER GETTING TO DO THE POOL THING AND OFF WORK ALL THAT TIME.TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN. THIS YEAR I WANT HAVE A POOL SO IT MIGHT NOT BE SO LOVELY. BUT I'LL BE OFF WORK!