Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We're Going to Tybee, We're Going to Tybee!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay, my, oh, my, what a wonderful day. Plenty of sunshine headin' my way, zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay.


We don't leave until tomorrow, but, hey, who cares! I'm excited today.


Thanks to Diane at Mermaid Cottages, we've got a GREAT place to stay. I'm going to take no less than one million pictures. We're going to celebrate my sweet hubby's b'day and we're going to celebrate one of Tybee's Most Favorite and Famous Characters, Ms. Sylvia, who plays a tambourine at 100 years old!!!! Yet another reason to move to Tybee. To live to be 100 and play a tambourine, be happy and have a zillion friends. How could it get better than that?



Y'all, please, if you're looking for a Girl's Weekend or a Romantic Getaway, skip the hotel/motel scene and check out Mermaid Cottages. Wow, you'll be impressed. I haven't gotten this link thing down yet still, so just go over to the right side of my blog and look at "MY FAVORITE PLACE THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN", there you can click on her blog and check out all her beautiful cottages. When Jeff and I started looking at them, we discovered we had seen so many of them on our trips down there. And now to stay in one of her places, I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! I'm going to wear my flip-flops the whole weekend. I don't care if it's zero degrees. I've got toe socks and I'm not taking them off. The food, the friends, and the fun! What a great time it's gonna be.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I know you are excited! It is so cold here... the beach sure does sound good! Have fun and be careful.

Did you find Cam's report?

LY T

Barbo said...

Happy Birthday, Happy Happy Birthday Jeff. I hope yall have a special trip. Be safe, I love yall so very much. My card was special, thanks. Barbo

Barbo said...

its me again i finally got my who said changed love

suzanne said...

I don't like you for having fun without me :0(

Joyce said...

Tell you hubby happy bday from a stranger... and you guys have a great weekend!!!