Thursday, January 29, 2009

Change is in the Air

I can just feel it. Change is in the air. It's the 29th day of January, so a new month is right around the corner. There are going to be changes coming. I can feel it. And I think they're gonna be good ones too!


My cousin, Regina, has found my blog. I'm so happy she has. It's almost like having a little visit with your friends and family, even friends that you've just recently met, but never actually met-met. I'm totally loving this! I also have met a new friend who somehow found my blog. She is fortunate enough to LIVE on my favorite place on earth, Tybee Island. Lucky duck! She left me a comment last night and I checked out her blog today. You can too, she's on my blog list to the right of my postings. She has Mermaid Cottages that she rents out for lucky people who visit Tybee. We're actually going down there next week to celebrate my Sugar's b'day and to celebrate one of Tybee's favorite characters, Ms. Sylvia's 100th birthday. And I CANNOT wait!!


Today's my nephew, Reid's 11th b'day! Happy b'day to my sweet Reido!! I love you bunches and bunches! He may be 11, but to me, he'll always be the 18-month-old little boy with Keds mocking his mom saying, oh, me, my nerves. His b'day party was scheduled for tomorrow night, but has to be postponed because sadly, Jason's granddaddy passed away yesterday afternoon after a long battle with congestive heart failure and some other problems. What a fine Christian man he was and what a fine Christian family he leaves behind, especially a loving, devoted wife who will miss him dearly! Reid's wise and mature beyond his 11 years, so he understands putting others before himself and will wait patiently on that b'day party that was going to be "small", but has now ended up with about 10 or 11 boys ranging from Reid's age to Cam's age. The plans are for the boys to bring their game systems and games have tournaments. Video game tournaments and spending the night. Yikes. I don't envy Suz or Jason. My advice to them is get plenty of food and plenty of drinks. And, oh, yeah, some padded walls and ear plugs wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Well, I'm back to Peachtree Street today for another depo. Ugh. And, yes, it's the same part as last week. I think I'm gonna stop by the bakery and take some cookies since it's scheduled right after lunch, maybe they'd like a little dessert. The deponent was so emotional last week, maybe a cookie will make her feel better.

Happy, Sunny Thursday to everyone!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Change is in the air and I am excited too. I went to the Tybee cottage blog and it gave me beach fever:) I think some wind in your hair and sand between your toes is therapy that we all need from time to time.

Happy Birthday Reid! You know they are getting older when their Birthday party is only for friends.

I am so sorry about Jason's granddaddy. I remember that feeling of knowing that they need to cross on over and yet not wanting to let them go. Please let me know when you know the arrangements. We all love Jason and his family.

Have you all seen Harper's cute little face today? What a miracle baby she is and a precious thankful family!!!!!!

Love to all!

suzanne said...

Isn't my Reid just the cutest thing? I love that boy like there's no tomorrow!
He cried so hard at the funeral home tonight. He made my heart just turn to mush :0(
I think a change will do you good, Hammer.

Diane Willard Kaufman said...

Don't forget to call me 912 313 0784 or email me diane@mermaidcottages.com so we can talk about a cottage for you for next weekend. such fun that you're coming down to visit for the BIG party!!!