Friday, January 23, 2009

Popcorn and Milk Duds

Yippee! It's Friday, and although we don't have any great plans for the weekend, y'all know how I love Fridays. I think we're going to skip LaParilla tonight and go to the movies instead. The movie Revolutionary Road. I'm so excited to go see it! I get butterflies when I think about it! It stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and is about a couple in the 1950s. Tonight's the first night it's open in theatres, so we better get there early to make sure we get a good seat, get my popcorn and Milk Duds and a big Diet Coke with plenty of ice. Can you tell I'm super excited? When I get better with this, I can put a link to things and you could just click and see the preview. But till then, go to RevolutionaryRoadMovie.com I'll bet you'll be dying to see it, too.


The banquet was nice. I must say, though, it's probably the first time I've ever left a steak and chicken dinner hungry :-( The banana pudding was fantastic, but I've never been a fan of the fake charcoal flavor. I did get a good chuckle when the little girl sitting across from me, who was using her best manners while cutting her steak, broke her plastic knife. It was a lot of work for the volunteers who put it on, and I appreciated it. It was long, which was necessary in order to give certificates to each player. They also got State playoff patches to go on their letterman jackets, which I thought was so nice. Cam doesn't have a jacket yet. He's only in 10th grade. Maybe next year he'll get one. I wanted him to get in a picture with me, but he didn't want to. It hurt my feelings and I wanted to go home. Jeff made me stay, which also hurt my feelings. We're back to the too much testosterone thing again. Anyway, I guess he would have been embarassed or something. Who knows what goes on in the mind of a 16-year-old.

Hope y'all are following Baby Harper. She's getting better every day. Wow, it's so amazing what God can do! And as you may know, Suz's hubby, Jason was laid off from his job last Friday. He's got an interview Tuesday at Emory Crawford Long. He's well qualified and such a great guy. Hopefully, they'll see that and give him the job. Emory's a great place to work and has been really good to us with Jeff's job. Definitely add him and Suz to your prayer list. She's been amazingly upbeat and positive. When she gets down, she dusts herself off and gets back up again. Tough cookie. I'd probably be running down the street yelling hysterically like the nuts I saw on Peachtree yesterday.

Got a depo at 12:30, and I've got a few things to do before then, so that's all for now. I'll fill y'all in tomorrow on the movie. Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Friday! I have been following Harper's improvement! Cutest doggone little girl:) Did Joyce find somewhere to stay? Jason is one fine fella and I know something good is coming for him and Suzanne. Someone will be lucky to get him. I am doing some much needed cleaning in my antique/junk/garage sale/christmas room. It is amazing how much stuff you can pack into a place where nobody goes. Anyway, I ran across a box of old jewelry that belonged to Mama Roach. Found some good stuff, I love old jewelry. Anyway, back to work! I am going to the movie next week with friends. Can't wait to hear if you like Revolutionary Road. Love you... Cam is tooo handsome.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that dinner looked good!!! That's so Cam to not want to take his picture with you!! I'm not going to the movies, but do you think I could get some popcorn and milk duds??!! You know what a tender heart I am and I have been so sad for Jason and Suz because not only do I love Suz but I have such a special place in my heart for both Jason and Jeff and love them like t he brothers I never had!! I believe I'm their secret body guard also just like you said I was yours!! Not that I could actually protect them from anything, but it breaks my spirit when I think they are sad or hurt or upset or anything like that!! I know, I'm such a sucker!! Have a great time at the movies!!!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Thanks for the comment about the mugs. And I don't see why chicken noodle soup isn't sexy. Go for it! (I was joking about my marketing skills, but people are thinking I meant you have to now pose in a debauched way. Sometimes my humor is lost on people!)