Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday, Monday

My desk is a wreck. I mean, a total wreck. I've got three depos I MUST get out today. One is proofed. The other two are not. I've got 100 pages to get proofed today. I've got to get to the store to get Cam something to wear tonight and tomorrow for the funeral. Jeff is working part of the day today because he is super busy at work too. My energy drink is in the fridge getting a nice chill, so hopefully, I'll be able to get it all done. The unfortunate thing is that energy drinks kinda upset me stomach so it's a win-lose situation, but today I've opted for the energy. I'll deal with the upset stomach later.

I'm SUPER disappointed with Mike's obituary. The man at the funeral home wrote it. Being the control freak that I am, I wanted to write it. Not wanting to look like the control freak that I am, I didn't push the issue and insist on writing it. Now the obituary reads like crap. When will I learn that it's better to be pushy and get things done right than sit back and know they're gonna be done wrong? You can tell a stranger wrote it. I'm so, so angry with myself for that. And that's never ever gonna happen again! I will never suppress the control freak in me again.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. I appreciate them so much. We go to the funeral home tonight at 5. The funeral is tomorrow at 11. Since he was a Vietnam vet, he'll have a beautiful flag-draped coffin. That'll look really nice. Mike would be proud of that.

Cloudy, yucky day here weatherwise. Time to turn on the fake sunlight lamp. Y'all enjoy your day, even if it is the dreaded Monday.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I think a flag-draped coffin is just beautiful and I appreciate his service. Vietnam veterans should have special care ALL the days that they live.

I am not sure how to proof but could help get Cam some clothes if you need me to:) Shopping, I know how to do that!

Love you!