Sunday, January 4, 2009

Soupy Supper, Soupy Weather

We're having supper tonight at Crystal's house instead of my mom and dad's. I organized the whole thing. I decided we're going to try and give mom a break. Maybe we'll each take turns and that way she'll only have to cook once a month, but we can still have supper together every Sunday night. Suz did it last week, Crystal this week, then maybe me next week. Although Jeff's mom's b'day is next weekend and I probably should cook for her. I don't know though. We usually go out for her birthday someplace kinda nice. I guess we'll see what everyone else wants to do about that one. Anyway, we're having it at Crystal's house, but I offered to make soup. I'm making three different kinds. Broccoli, nacho potato and cream of potato. I also made a gorgeous salad. (If I do say so myself!)

Jeff's been outside working most of the day. I'm pretty sure we've been getting on each other's nerves. You know you can do that when you have too much togetherness. It's still gross out, but he's been out anyway. He's trimmed our hydrangea bushes and picked up all the pieces of our pool liner that have blown out. In case you don't know, our pool liner is going to have to be replaced this year. It made it through last summer, but we're going to have to buy a new one before we can swim this year. That'll probably set us back a couple of thousand dollars. I told Jeff last night we need to start playing the lottery or something. He didn't disagree.

Cam doesn't start back to school until Tuesday I think. It may even be Wednesday. I'm going to have to check on that. He's going to work with my dad tomorrow. I like it when he works because then he only needs about $20 to $30 a week for spending money/gas. I thought our kids were expensive when they were little. Boy was I wrong. They cost more now than ever.

I think I'm going to have to work tomorrow. The girl I work with is stuck in Turks and Caicos. She's been there since the day after Christmas. I bet she's got a great tan and so well rested. Boy, is she in for a rude awakening when she comes back to this yucky weather. Oh, well, at least she'll be tan.

Y'all, check out the other blogs I follow. I think you'll enjoy them. I discovered mam's recipes the other day. I think y'all would like them. They sound really good.

I'm taking my iron like the doctor told me to. It's not helping so much with my energy. I'm still really tired. And now I'm really constipated. I guess that was too much info, huh? Sorry.

Going to eat some soup now! And maybe some prunes. Oh, too much info again.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

You are a "SOUPER" Daughter! Soups sound DElicious. Praying for sunshine. I am reading the Blogs that you follow, they are wonderful people!

Joyce said...

IT IS SNOWING HERE AGAIN! PLEASE TAKE IT! I can't believe this. Anyway, I need you to fly to Washington anyway....so you can take it back with you! I need you to come organize my house. ok? Should only take you a month or so. No problem, right? Have a great week! I'm glad you enjoy the recipe's!
Joyce

suzanne said...

I enjoyed all your soups tonight and let's keep our fingers crossed for a good Monday!!!!