Sunday, January 25, 2009

In Memory of Mike

Jeff's brother Mike passed away late yesterday afternoon. We all believe that he was hanging on until his mama and daddy and brothers got there to see him once more before he left his earth. I'm so thankful to God for allowing all of them the chance to hug Mike again, and especially for giving his sweet mother the chance to hold his hand one more time. He is at peace now. All the toils and troubles that have bothered him in this life for so many years are no more. The nurse at the hospital reassured his dad that he had a long talk with Mike on Thursday night and felt assured that Mike had accepted the Lord. We've been at the funeral home today and made the arrangements for his funeral on Tuesday and visitation tomorrow night. His son from New York will be here tomorrow.

Again, I ask for prayers of comfort for Jeff and his family. They have some tough days ahead.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I will pray that God will give you all strength as you support each other thru these sad days! I am so thankful they all got to see him. I know that the family is thankful to have you in their lives. They can always depend on you as the daughter they didn't have. I am available anytime Monday or Tuesday if you need me... just let me know.
Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MIKE. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YALL AND JEFF'S FAMILY.LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO. LOVE, REGINA

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for all for all of them, especially Mee-Maw and Pe-Paw. They are so very sweet and have had to do twice now what every parent hopes will never happen in their lifetime, burying two of their children. I know that Mike is at peace now and I hope and pray that now Mee-Maw and Pe-Paw can live their lives as happy and worry free as they can.

Joyce said...

I'm sorry. I'm praying for all of you for His strength and comfort... and I am thankful you'll all see him again in glory! No more pain for Mike.

suzanne said...

Mike always had a heart of gold, and I truly believe he's in a better place now. God bless him.